GeekyArtistArabWoman - Lubzi

The juice of my heart

I call myself Lubzi. I am from Palestine. I live there too
I am a blend of cultures, a salad of sounds, colors & words. I like to create. I love learning. I aspire to inspire. I seek freedom, harmony, peace and justice. I like to be a bridge between hearts and minds, between people from different cultures and backgrounds.
Here you'll find my theatre sound designs, audio art pieces, some of my writings and sketches & all kinds of crazy mixes and audio experiments that I do.

Sunday, December 2, 2007

Eye contact



I was walking in the morning under the snow falling on my head surrounding me with bliss. So white , so pure. What is it about the 1st snow fall that makes people happy. I look at people's faces and see joy that I dont usually see. It is like looking at children. they smile back at me with excitement. (monst of them at least)
This whole thing about establishing eye contact with people and their reaction is funny, here, in the west, when i am walking down the street and my eyes meet someone's eyes , there is this awkward moment. this happens only with non- children. they either quickly move their look, look up or at the ground or just anywhere but at me. some of them say a reluctant hi, or just slightly nod, some would actually smile which is actually nice and makes me feel happy. sometimes it actually makes my day. So what is it about eye contact with strangers that is so awkward?? is this due to the recognition that we are all one??
I wonder...




CommDoors Intro.mp...

2 comments:

GeekyArtistWoman said...

I used to say "actually" a lot!
I wonder why :) ..

GeekyArtistWoman said...

always wondering ..