GeekyArtistArabWoman - Lubzi

The juice of my heart

I call myself Lubzi. I am from Palestine. I live there too
I am a blend of cultures, a salad of sounds, colors & words. I like to create. I love learning. I aspire to inspire. I seek freedom, harmony, peace and justice. I like to be a bridge between hearts and minds, between people from different cultures and backgrounds.
Here you'll find my theatre sound designs, audio art pieces, some of my writings and sketches & all kinds of crazy mixes and audio experiments that I do.

Sunday, November 11, 2012

The Time is Now



She couldn't handle the situation, she needed help. I flew to where she was and helped her. 

She was going through her mother's stuff, her dead mother. She didnt have a good relationship with her mother, just like the relationship she had with her daughter; bad. Three generations of dysfunctionality.

By the time I arrived, she was already drained. unable to do much. I felt sorry for her. She was sad. I helped. I gave her all my energy and attention. I cleaned and cleared and packed. I felt her mother's spirit right there with me as I put away her clothes and perfumes and makeup ... and washed her dishes. I cleared and cleaned her cupboards and closets. All the stuff she never used, she didn't have the chance to use. Stuff she thought she would use for sure. I was clearing her traces from this world, tearing down what was left. I had very intense feelings. I didn't know the dead mother but I felt very close to her. There was a picture of the 3 of them, my friend, her daughter and her mother. The picture got stuck in my mind. The 3 of them are extremely beautiful. They were gorgeous. No wonder why they had a history in showbiz and Hollywood. They also were supreme divas.

Yesterday, I found a piece of paper that I kept it all these years, the only material reminder of this event. It was among the dead mother's stuff. She kept it carefully in a special place. It seems she had it for a while, the paper was almost yellow. It was cut out from a newspaper. Here is what it says:

The Time is Now (Author unknown)

If you are ever going to love me,
Love me now, while I can know
The sweet and tender feelings
Which from true affections flow.
Love me now.
Do not wait until I'm gone
And then have it
Chiseled in marble,
Sweet words on ice cold stone.
If you have tender thoughts of me
Please tell me now.
If you wait until I am sleeping
Never to awaken,
There will be death between us
And I won't hear you then.
So, if you love me, even a little bit,
Let me know it while I am living
So I can treasure it.




No comments: